Once a new provider has been set up in the Better Day Health system with an account and schedule, it will be necessary to properly set her up for e-prescribing through Surescripts.
To do this, you will first need to create a Surescripts account using the BDH software and then link that Superscripts account to the provider’s BDH account.
STEP 1—Create Surescripts Account
To begin the process you will need the following information:
- Provider name
- NPI number
- DEA number
- Provider’s specialty type as listed on provider’s user profile
- Name, address, and phone and fax number of the clinic where the provider will practice
- Super Admin-->Side Menu-->E-Prescribing-->Providers
- On the Providers screen, click on Add Provider.
- On the Create Provider screen, complete the name of the provider in the Provider section.
- Complete name and address of the clinic you are registering for, and the NPI and DEA numbers of the provider you are registering. (NOTE: The DEA number is required information if this provider will be prescribing controlled substances.)
- Complete the contact information for the provider at the clinic you are registering for.
- The Active Start Time defaults to the day and time of initial set up. It is necessary to set an end date. If the provider will only be actively prescribing at this clinic for a certain amount of time, you can set the specific end date. If not, you may set an end date well into the future.
- Directory Specialties. Match the provider’s specialty.
- Service Levels. Check the appropriate service levels (a suggested minimum would be the first five checkboxes PLUS Controlled Substances (IMPORTANT NOTE: Controlled Substance MUST be checked in this field for the provider to be able to register for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances.)
- Save. This brings you to the Provider Directories page.
STEP 2—Link Surescripts account to BDH account.
- Super Admin-->Users-->select provider you are linking. This opens the Edit User screen for the provider you are linking.
- Scroll to Surescripts Provider section.
- Select the provider from the Surescripts provider search box; this opens the Surescripts Location/BDH Clinic Mappings area. Complete the SMS information for the provider by either checking Do Not Receive Medication Requests Alerts via Text box or filling in the SMS Alerts From and To sections.
- Choose clinic and add any Nurse and Support staff members who can send Quick Refill orders on behalf of the Provider.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page.
IMPORTANT: This process must be repeated for each clinic within the organization where the provider will practice.