In addition to using a diagnosis trigger, it is possible to trigger document skeletons from the Chief Complaint that is entered when the appointment is created.
For example, if a patient makes an appointment complaining of a "sore throat," it would be possible to trigger a set of physical exams that your provider might do to reach a diagnosis.
To link a chief complaint to trigger a document skeleton, follow these steps:
- On the Edit Document Skeleton page, check Chief Complaint in the Trigger Type dropdown field and click the Save button. This will ensure that the Chief Complaints tab appears in the area at the top of the screen. NOTE: If the Chief Complaint box is not checked in the Trigger Type field, the Diagnosis tab will NOT show with the other tabs at the top of the page.
- Select the Chief Complaints tab at the top of the page. This opens the Chief Complaints page of the document skeleton you are currently working on.
- Select New. This opens the Add Chief Complaint popup window.
- Search for the chief complaint you want to link to this document skeleton. Select the item from the results and click the Save button.
NOTE: The chief complaints found in the Add Chief Complaint search field are all found in the Symptoms dictionary, listed under Dictionaries in the right side menu of the Super Admin tab. If necessary, new symptoms (complaints) can be added there.
This is the same list that will be available to staff members who are scheduling new appointments and patients who are registering for appointments.
- You will now see a list of all chief complaint triggers associated with this document skeleton. You can add more by repeating the process.
<Go to Lesson 3>