Learn how to reschedule a patient appointment and about the Needs to Be Rescheduled bucket.
Reschedule an Appointment from Grid or Calendar view.
- Open the Edit Appointment window by left clicking on the appointment in the Grid view or double-clicking it in the Calendar view.
- In the Appointment Info workspace, click the Reschedule
- Change appointment details as needed.
- Click the calendar icon to choose a new appointment slot. This will open the Select Time Slot
- From the Select Time Slot window, find an appropriate appointment slot and double click. This will return the Edit Appointment window, which shows the new proposed appointment date.
- Click Save to confirm that date.
Needs to Be Rescheduled
Change the status of an appointment to Needs to Be Rescheduled.
- In Grid or Calendar View, right click on the appointment.
- From the popup window, Select Appointment Status, from the dropdown select, Needs To Be Rescheduled.
The appointment is then removed from grid view and appears in the reschedule bucket.
In Calendar View, the appointment that needs to be rescheduled will appear with hash marks.
To reinstate the original appointment, change status to Booked.
Selecting the Needs to Be Rescheduled button gives you a list of those appointments that can then be individually selected to place in new time slots.
(Note: To see the appointments, be sure "Needs to Be Rescheduled" is selected in the Appointment Status filter.)