Learn about the steps taken to check out a patient, including identifying the need for follow-up appointments and creating work or school excuses for patients.
- In the Front Desk Module, select the Check Out bucket.
- Filter for today’s appointments with an appointment status of Checking Out.
- In Grid view, choose the appropriate appointment and click on the Summary link in the far-right column of the grid to open the Appointment Review and Finalize Summary window.
- If provider has requested follow-up appointments, click on the New button on the right side of the Follow Up Appointments heading. This opens the Create Follow Up window.
- a) Enter data in all pertinent fields.
b) Enter the appropriate number in the Starting In field, and from the Dropdown Arrow, select years, months, weeks or days.
c) In the Related Previous field, make selections from the dropdown arrow. Click Add after each selection.
d) Click Save.
This will return the Appointment Rev and Finalize Summary window.
- Click the Schedule Now button. This will open the Schedule Appointments window.
- Click the Calendar icon. This will open the Select Time Slot window.
- Double click the appropriate time slot. This will populate the time and date of the appointment throughout the patient record and return the Schedule Appointments window.
- Click Save or Save and Print. This will return the Appointment Rev & Finalize window.
Note: The appointment information appears in the Appointment Rev & Finalize Summary window.
- To create a work excuse or a school excuse, click on the Quick Doc button at top of summary page.
- If collecting a payment, click on the Payments button and then New. Select the appropriate choices from the fields and complete the payment.
- To print an appointment summary for the patient, use the Print button at the top of the screen.
- Select the Check Out button to close the appointment.