- To check a patient in who has arrived at your clinic, begin in the FD Module, Check In Appointments with the Check In workspace selected.
- Select dates in “Date From and Date To” filters. You may also further limit which appointments are visible by making selections in the other filter menus.
- Be sure to click the Filter button after making selections.
At this point you should see all the scheduled appointments for the day based on the filter selections that you’ve made.
- When the patient arrives, change their status from booked to Arrived by right clicking on the appointment.
- Select Appointment Status, then Arrived. The appointment will now appear above the filter called, Arrived.
- In the far right column you will see the progress the patient has made with their online registration.
If their registration is not complete, you can give them access to a tablet or computer in the waiting room, so they can login to their account and finish their registration.
- You can monitor the patient’s progress in real time from your Check In screen. Note that the step the patient is working on is displayed here and is color-coded.
If the patient has only been working on the step a short time, the text is green.
If the patient has been on the step for more than 5 min. the text will turn yellow.
If the patient has been working on the step for an unusually long time the text is red.
- *Complete* with asterisks means the Status of the registration step has been Marked as Complete by a staff member. This indicates that the patient’s situation has prohibited them from completing registration before their scheduled appointment. This status is meant to be a temporary solution that facilitates entering information into the system by the provider and staff.
- If the step is Not Started, it means the patient has registered a Username and Password, but has not begun the registration process.
9a. If the step is Not Started, and displays an associated Confirmation Code; it means the patient has not yet created a User Name or Password.
Once a patient is marked as arrived, they are automatically assigned a patient number. This number will be assigned to the patient until they have been marked as Checked Out.
Depending on your clinic’s particular workflow, you may change the status of the patient to, Ready to See Nurse, and assign them an exam room number.
Do this by right clicking on the appointment and changing the status to Ready to See Nurse.
Use the dropdown menu in the Set Clinic Rooms For Appointment modal to assign the room.
Alternatively, a member of the Nurse and Support Staff can access the appointment from the Nurse and Support Module to change the status and assign the exam room.