The calendar can be used to track and book appointments for multiple providers within your clinic. This lesson covers the basics of calendar interaction and filters.
- The appointment calendar can be viewed in either the Grid or Calendar The button circled below will switch views.
- The Filters can limit the display of appointments and available time slots by date range, Medical Specialty, a specific Provider, Appointment Status, Registration Status, Insurance Status, and Appointment Types.
- The Save Filter option saves the last applied filter settings.
- The Clear All Filters button resets all filters to their default positions.
- Toggle Calendar Layers selects or deselects which providers’ appointment calendars will be displayed in the area below.
- The Calendar Navigation area chooses whether the calendar is viewed by Day, Week, or Month. The Agenda button displays a scrollable daily calendar covering eight consecutive days for each selected provider.
- On the left side of the navigation area, jump to the current day by selecting Today. Jump to a different date by clicking the calendar icon and choosing date.
- The thin gray navigation bar allows you to jump to either the beginning or end of your appointment day.
- Color coding indicates appointment types and sub-types assigned by the clinic administrator.
Available appointment slots are indicated in gray. Hovering over the slot indicates the type or sub-type of the available slot. Double-clicking an available time slot opens the Create New Appointment window.
- Reserve or unreserve an available time slot by right clicking on it in Day or Week view.
- Left click on a booked appointment to see the type and reason for the appointment and other pertinent information.
- Double click the booked appointment to open the Edit Appointment window. (not shown)
- In calendar view, right clicking on a booked appointment opens a different menu for interacting with the appointment.
- Clicking Appointment Info Modal opens the Appointment Info window to edit information about the appointment, assign a patient number for rooming, mark the registration process as complete, or reschedule the appointment.
- Additional items in the right click menu allow you to change the Appointment Status, print a rooming ticket, change the location where the patient will be seen, or recall them in the patient queue.