NOTE: AVAILABLE TOOLS SHOWN IN THIS LESSON MAY DIFFER FROM CLINIC TO CLINIC AND DEPENDING ON CLINIC ROLES.
The Patient Dashboard is a quick way for any staff member with the proper permissions to quickly access a patient’s medical records.
- To access a patient’s dashboard, use the Person Search bar in the upper left corner of the Better Day Health software.
If the search returns several possible patients, just left click on the correct patient’s name in the grid to open his patient dashboard.
- If the patient has an existing appointment, you can go to the Patient Dashboard by clicking on the patient’s picture in the appointments grid view.
The Patient Dashboard offers a summary of important patient information along with several handy tools.
- Here you’ll see contact and demographic information, along with insurance information.
- The Recent Items window provides an activity feed displaying the most recent activity in the patient’s chart. Clicking on any of these will allow you to interact with or edit the item.
- The Quick Add buttons in the right-hand column allow you to perform numerous tasks related to the patient’s chart and care. Some of these links open a popup window that can simply be closed after performing the task. Other links may navigate you to a different part of the chart. (See #11 below to return to the Patient Dashboard.)
- The Patient Basics section, displaying current problems, allergies, and medications along with other pertinent information. Clicking on a heading will open that section of the patient chart.
- The Documents section displays documents related to the patient’s chart. Clicking on a document allows you to view and/or print the document or route it to other members of the staff.
- The Notes section contains the note as well as the name of the provider or staff member who wrote it.
- The Upcoming area displays any upcoming appointments this patient may have.
- The Care Team heading lists all providers in your clinic that have seen this patient.
- To return to the Patient’s Dashboard, click the right side menu, and then select Patient Dashboard.