As a staff member with a Front Desk (FD) role, you’ll see the screen below when you login. This is your FD portal.
- To the right of the Better Day Health Logo you’ll see buttons for each module to which you’ve been granted access. This area is called the Module bar.
1a. The Requested bucket contains requests for appointments from existing patients. The Needs to be Rescheduled bucket contains appointments whose Status has been changed to Needs to be Rescheduled. The Check In button is used to check patients in when they arrive at the clinic, as well as make new appointments and add/edit information. The Check Out button shows appointments whose status has been changed to Checking Out.
- Clicking on the Patient module allows you to access patient records.
- To track your patient’s medical history and access more patient data, click on the side menu.
Note the circled headings and the Action Items inside the red rectangles.
- Clicking on the Messaging module allows you to send and receive messages within your practice, as well as communicate with patients outside your practice.
- Top right on the Module bar, you’ll see the Help button which allows you access to the Help Center where you can type “Plain English” questions and find articles containing answers to your questions.
- Type your “how to” question in the search box, or see the Article titles in the BDH Knowledge Base and Training sections.
Using the Better Day Help Center is a video tutorial that will pay dividends on the time required to watch it.
- By clicking on the My Tasks button, you can set up tasks as reminders to yourself, or delegate them to another staff member. E.g. If a set of lab results needs review, you can create that task and assign it to a provider in your practice. The provider will receive an alert indicating that task is now in their My Task queue.
- On the far right of the module bar is the Chat icon. The chat function allows you to quickly alert and communicate with different departments across the practice. – Chat is akin to Instant Messaging, and Messaging is akin to Email.
- In the Patient/Person search bar you may search by Name, Date of Birth, or Social Security Number. Information on both Patients and Staff are contained in this singular database.
- To the right of the search bar is your Notification Center. The number changes when you receive a notification. Red = Medications, Green = Imaging orders and results, Yellow = Lab orders and results, and the Blue box displays alerts about new messages; it communicates with your Messages and your Chats.
- To the right of the Notification Center are your Login Information, your User Name, and the name of the practice to which you are connected. Clicking on your user name allows you to change your password. To the right of your user name is (Switch) which allows you to switch to another clinic, and then there’s Log Off.