Users of Better Day application can be required to perform two-factor authentication (2FA) before accessing the system. Verification code is being sent over SMS as a second factor option. 2FA can be managed at network level to not request second authentication if the user machine IP address is in the IP whitelist.
For electronically prescribing controlled substances, a more tightly-controlled MFA method is documented separately. See EPCS documentation for related MFA details.
Activating 2FA Authentication
- Update system settings
- Go to ‘2FA Authentication’
- Enable 2FA
- Change ‘Verification Code Expiration’ or ‘Require Device Authentication’ time.
- Add user’s IP address which does not require 2FA in the IP allow list (if needed).
- Login to Better Day Health
- Enter credentials
- Enter verification code from SMS